Thursday, December 18, 2008

What Would Mr. Gould Do?

What a chaotic season! I have been so busy with my work at the Foundation, holiday plans, shopping, card signing, baking...I have a hunch that as soon as I beat a cold, someone else passes a new one on to me, leading to the perpetual illness. I cannot wait for the holidays, where I will sit with my family and army of cats (My mother kindly allows me to bring my two critters home to visit with her cats) and do absolutely nothing. What a dream..

No time for the dream yet...Here I am, at the brink of losing my sanity, when the thought occurred to me, What would Mr. Gould do? In a flash of brilliance, I open my browser. I know what Mr. Gould would do. I slowly type in "P-e-t-u-l-a C-l-a-r-k y-o-u-t-u-b-e"





I watch with what only can be described as glee. Somehow I understand exactly why Mr. Gould loved Petula Clark. She is delightful. She is classy. Her dancers are suave and classic, not to mention amusing. I can feel my spirits being lifted.


I should forget all my troubles, forget all my cares. I am downtown. Things will be great!

EPILOGUE: Instead of worrying, in moments of silence, all that is going through my head is "When you're alone and life is making you lonely.." Not for all, but I have embraced it.

No comments:

Post a Comment